Account Settings in Displayr
The Account Settings page in Displayr is where you manage all of your basic account settings such as:
- General account preferences
- Billing details
- User and group permissions
- Administer and purchase licenses and server time
- Monitor usage of your server time
Most of these settings are visible only to account administrators although non-administrators can access some basic user account settings.
To access the Account Settings page, login in to your Displayr account and click the user icon in the top right corner of your browser window and select Account settings.
There are four sections or tabs on the Account Settings page: General, Settings, Licenses, and Usage.
In this section, you can make changes to your login and general preferences. These include:
- Password reset
- Time zone setting
- Default language
- New feature notifications
The password reset and time zone settings are user-based settings available to all users including non-administrators.
This section contains basic account and billing details as well as Users and Groups management. In this section you can:
- Enter/edit company name and account notes.
- Enter default settings for new user group assignments and global group permissions.
- Manage user password and complex password policies.
- View and update billing details such as contact name, email, country, address, and phone number.
- Edit theme CSS styling - you can customize your dashboard by adding customer CSS styling. Click Edit theme CSS/HTML (advanced) to add your own CSS. This blog post contains working examples of how to use CSS to customize your dashboard.
- Set Multi-User Accounts - by default, your Displays account is set as a single user account. You can convert it to a multi-user account by clicking the Expand button at the bottom of the Settings page.
Once converted to multi-user, additional options appear:
- New User - click the blue +New User button in the Users section to add a new user to the account. Enter the user name, email address, group membership, and notes. The user will be sent an email with a link to complete the account setup.
All users on the account will be listed in the Users section. Click on a user name to edit the user's details. Note that a specific email address can only be associated with one individual Displayr account.
- Bulk Import - this option can be used to set-up multiple users and groups at once. Select the Buk Import and follow the instructions provided to create and upload a CSV file.
- Groups - any groups created will be listed here. To create a new group, click the New Group button, enter a group name, and click Save. Click on a Group Name to see the details for that group. Here you can also see the members of that group. See the User Groups blog post for more details on setting up and managing groups.
- Webhooks - used to setup a connection to another application (e.g. send R updated failures to Slack). The webhook URL is obtained from the other application and entered into the URL field after clicking on the New Webhook button.
- Configure Single Sign ON (SAML) - to setup Single Sign On, you need to contact us by emailing email@example.com to request a subdomain.
- Pending Bulk Import Jobs - any pending bulk user import jobs will be listed here.
If at any point you want to revert back to a single user account, you can click the Revert to single user company button at the bottom of the Account Settings page. Before doing this you will first need to remove all additional users leaving just one user with administrator privileges.
User accounts can be assigned one of the following permission levels:
- Administrators - allows the user to administer the account, including adding/deleting users, purchasing licenses, etc. Edit and View membership is automatically inherited.
- Edit Projects - allows the user to edit any document in your account. View membership is automatically inherited. The user will need to be assigned an annual license in order to be able to edit documents.
- View Projects - allows the user to view any document in your account. This user does not need a license. When the user views a document, their usage will be deducted from the pool of view-mode time.
This tab lists available licenses and server time blocks that have been purchased and which are currently active. Administrators can use the "Add" buttons to purchase new licenses or additional server time. Members of multi-user companies without administrator privileges are able to view only their own licenses.
Individual account invoices can be viewed in the Invoices section with basic details including invoice issue date, payment due date, due amount, and payment status.
The Emails section contains a list of automated email communications sent from the Displayr licensing system including date, subject, and email category.
The Usage tab can be used to extract Displayr account access details.
- Plan Usage - in this section account administrators can view both edit-mode and view-mode usage for all users. The usage report can be filtered by date/time ranges and administrators are able to filter the results by up to 15 users. Non-administrators can filter by date range but are only able to view their own edit-mode usage statistics. Up to 100 results are shown per page, however, a full list of results can be exported to CSV by clicking the document icon to the right of the search boxes. Note that the time zone used for usage results and the search boxes is Coordinated Universal Time. In the User column, you can see the names of users you have invited into your company. You may also see (API) - this indicates you are using the API to create or edit a document; see Tracking API hours for more details. You may also see (View / API) - this indicates server time was used for one of your exported dashboards.
- Dashboard Usage Statistics - here you can download a log of different actions that users are performing from the Dashboard Usage Statistics section at bottom of this page. This log contains information about particular actions that individuals perform, such as:
- A filter was applied
- Which Tab (page in the document) was viewed
- Which user was conducting each action
To obtain a log of detailed usage, select the From and To date range to define the period for which you want to view the logs, use the Type menu to choose whether you want to see View or Edit usage, and then use the icon on the right to download a CSV file of the results. You can open the file in Excel or another spreadsheet application.
- Audit Trail - this report tracks when documents are created, edited, and viewed. Select the From and To date range and use the icon on the right to download the CSV file.
If you have any questions or need help you can always contact the technical support team by dropping them an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.