Be the first member of our DevOps team at Displayr! Brand new exciting opportunity waiting for YOU!
Displayr is the developer of the best online data analysis, visualization and reporting platform in the world. Our products solve the biggest problem in data science: it's too hard! Our products are used by thousands of users in 57 countries.
Our mission is to make it easier for everyone to discover and share the stories in their data. Our Engineering team is at the heart of this mission, and we need YOU.
About the Job
This is a brand new role where you have the opportunity to be the first member of our DevOps team at Displayr. As the first member, you will be instrumental in creating new processes and procedures that will help our engineers continue to be able to do their best work.
- Design tools and processes to manage infrastructure and systems
- Design and implement infrastructure solutions and automation in Azure
- Design and implement automation solutions for Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Manage Azure, including management of reserved VM instances
- Deploy Displayr into production
- Manage the Kubernetes cluster
- Manage and resolve problems with R server builds
- Manage and resolve problems with the in-house testing system
- Provide support and advice to stakeholders on DevOps (and Software Engineering) related concerns
- Extend test systems to be more efficient
- Help to move the last in-house servers into the cloud
- Contribute to the implementation of testing environments
- Assist in the instrumentation of new and existing systems and use metrics to implement robust active and passive monitoring
- Be able to mentor junior team members and contribute positively to team culture
We understand that you are unique, so we don't expect you to have experience with everything mentioned below, but it would be great if you can demonstrate both a breadth of experience with tools that solve similar problems, and a depth of experience in a few.
- Fluency in (at least) one scripting language - e.g. Python
- Experience implementing automation using shell scripting
- Experience with continuous integration systems (e.g. Travis CI, AppVeyor)
- Experience with automated testing tools (e.g. Selenium)
- Experience in cloud architecture and cloud networking
- Experience with, or knowledge of, container orchestration systems and containerisation – preferably Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience with infrastructure as code (e.g. Azure Resource Manager templates)
- Experience instrumenting complex systems and developing metrics to track system health and uptime
- Experience in administration of Windows and Linux
- Appetite for automation of regular tasks
- We're always learning, adapting and changing, so you should be comfortable with frequent change.
- At Displayr you are not just a cog in the large engine. You’ll be able to see the decisions you make have a tangible impact.
- Displayr is entirely bootstrapped and continues to grow safely. We are not driven by Venture Capital, so we decide our own direction, based on what is good for our customers.
- We offer the best we can to our team to help them be the best they can.
- We prefer evidence over intuition, experience, and "best practice". We work hard to make the best idea win, not the idea of the most experienced person.
- You have unlimited opportunity to learn new skills and technologies and grow in the company.
- Competitive base salary
- Performance-based bonus
- Relocation allowance
- Work from home allowance
- Options in the business (join a fast-growing company in its early stages)
- Relaxed workplace and culture
- Select your own equipment
- Flexible working hours
- Training allowance to help you grow your skills
- Chic converted warehouse head office in Glebe, Sydney, joined by offices in London and Chicago.