Join our team.
Junior Software Engineer
Full-time Sydney, Australia
We are looking for an exceptional Junior Software Engineer to join our team in our Glebe office. This is a junior level role, so we would consider graduates, or candidates with less than 3 years’ experience in Software Engineering. This is an exciting opportunity to work on something extremely challenging and interesting, and be mentored by some of the best in the industry.
Displayr is a rapidly growing data science and research software business, headquartered in Sydney, with offices in the US and the UK. We develop and sell data science software, with our leading in-market product being the highly successful market research analysis software Q (www.qresearchsoftware.com) which continues to have a very strong revenue growth profile. We are expecting considerable further growth from our new product Displayr.
With our head office in Glebe, and working from a converted post-industrial warehouse, we have a relaxed, casual workplace culture.
About the Job
This is a full-time role based in our Glebe office. Your responsibilities will include:
- Design and implement features from specs, identifying opportunities to improve the specs along the way.
- Front-end development in TypeScript, HTML and CSS.
- Server-side development in C#.
- Write unit tests and automated end-to-end tests.
- Server: C#, ASP.NET MVC, MS SQL Server
- Desktop app: C#, WinForms, .NET, Embedded Chrome
- Daily automated deployments to Microsoft Azure
- Continuous integration builds with unit tests
- Automated web browser tests
- One-on-one code reviews
- Source Control (Git)
- Flexible work hours (before/after core hours of 10.30am – 5pm)
This is a junior level role, so we would consider graduates, or candidates with less than 3 years’ experience in Software Engineering. The successful candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor degree in Software Engineering, Computer science or equivalent with First Class Honours or Ph.D., or other evidence of exceptional ability.
- Demonstration of a passion for programming and UX.
- Australian citizenship or permanent residency.
If you have a site where your code is public, please share this in your resume as it will highlight your application.
Benefits include an attractive remuneration package, including share options, and the opportunity to be instrumental in the growth of an app that is unlike anything else on the market.
We are always looking for exceptional talent to join our team at Displayr. If you are interested in what we do, and think you would make a good addition to our team, please submit your resume along with a cover letter and our Talent Manager will be in touch with you.