The ideal candidate for the role will be a senior engineer who is passionate about building secure, robust, scalable solutions that deliver value to the customer.
About the Job
Due to continuing rapid expansion of the business, we are looking for a Tech Lead to join our engineering team. The ideal candidate for the role will be a senior engineer who is passionate about building secure, robust, scalable solutions that deliver value to the customer.
You live and breathe DevOps practises, and raise the level of those around you. You will:
- Write the code you've always wanted to write. Develop clean and thorough designs and code that exemplify quality, simplicity, and maintainability with global
- Take technical responsibility for a family of systems - manage technical debt, be on the lookout for opportunities for improvement, and work with a team of really smart engineers to keep improving our awesome apps.
- Actively contribute to the adoption of software architecture, best practices, and technologies.
- Mentor your teammates, encouraging them to grow technically and professionally. For the right candidate, we do have leadership opportunities.
- Have a meaningful impact to the company; what you do matters.
- Bachelor degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience with informal or formal mentorship.
- We use C#. You're a gun at C# or Java.
- Displayr is a modern web app. You're comfortable with front end frameworks like React or Vue, and CSS3.
- Q is a WinForms app, also written in C#. It's a bonus if you are familiar with building desktop apps.
- We have other systems written in R, Rust, Python, Node and you're happy to get your hands dirty where needed.
- We use SQL Server. You should have experience with SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, Postgres, or something equivalent.
- You have some familiarity with NoSQL databases like Cassandra or DynamoDB.
- You should be familiar with Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud (our infrastructure is hosted on Azure).
- You are comfortable in a DevOps environment where sometimes you're working on product features, and sometimes on the CI tool or deployment infrastructure.
- We're always learning, adapting and changing, so you should be comfortable with frequent change.
We understand that you are unique, so we don't expect you to have experience with all of the technologies that we use, but it would be great if you can demonstrate both a breadth of experience with tools that solve similar problems, and a depth of experience in a few.
Unlike at other companies, you won’t just be a cog in the machine. Everyday you’ll be able to see the decisions you make have a tangible impact. You’ll be helping people who never dreamed they could do data science.
But that’s not all. Along with a competitive base salary, we also offer share options in the business. While Displayr grows, you’ll grow too.
While we work hard and always push for awesome, our workplace culture is pretty relaxed. Our chic converted warehouse head office in Glebe, Sydney is joined by offices in London, UK and Chicago, US. And we’re just getting started.