How to Audit Access to your Displayr Documents and Users
You can check, in Displayr, who has accessed your documents and made changes to your account's users. This post describes how to do just that.
Security is important to all of us, and in particular when dealing with your research data. To ensure that you can see and understand who has accessed your documents in Displayr, and what changes and additions have been made, you can now download an Audit Trail report from Displayr. Here's what to do:
- Go to your Account > Usage page.
- Scroll to the Audit Trail section at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the From and To dates that you want to generate a report for.
- Click the paper icon to download the .csv file.
The downloaded report contains nine columns with this information:
- Timestamp of the event.
- A description of the event (see below for what is recorded)
- The ID of the user that caused the event.
- The name of the user that caused the event.
- The document ID number
- The document name
- The ID of any user whose status was changed.
- The name of the modified user.
- A details field.
The following events are included in the audit:
- Create new Displayr document
- Create Displayr document from QPack upload
- Create Displayr document from /Try link
- Create Displayr document from API using QPack
- Create Displayr document from API using QScript
- Duplicate Displayr document
- Delete Displayr document
- Edit Displayr document
- View Displayr document
- Download Displayr document QPack
- Upload Office document
- Delete Office document
- View Office document
- Add user
- Remove user
- Edit user groups