How to Use Qualtrics Data in Displayr
Qualtrics is one of the leading online survey platforms. Displayr makes it easy to import your Qualtrics data through the use of your Qualtrics API, with the added benefit of being able to schedule data updates. All of this makes for a seamless experience of creating real-time dashboards that represent your collected data. This post will walk you through the steps for finding your Qualtrics API information, setting up a linkage between your Displayr document and your Qualtrics data, or alternatively, importing your Qualtrics data from a file export.
Finding your Qualtrics API information
To connect Displayr to your Qualtrics account, you will need your Qualtrics Base URL and Qualtrics API Token. Your Base URL begins with the Qualtrics hostname for your account followed by "/API". To find your Qualtrics hostname, log in to your Qualtrics Account and look for the part of the URL that ends with ".com". Then, simply add "/API" to the end. In the end, your Qualtrics Base URL should take the structure of https://yourorganizationid.yourdatacenterid.qualtrics.com/API or https://yourdatacenterid.qualtrics.com/API. For security, the Base URL must start with "https://".
Next, you'll need to find your Qualtrics API Token:
- Log in to Qualtrics
- Click on the User icon at the upper right-hand corner of the window and go to Account Settings
- Click on the Qualtrics IDs tab
- Copy the string of alphanumeric text labeled "Token" in the box labeled User. This is your Qualtrics API Token. If this is empty, you'll need to generate an API token by clicking the Generate Token button at the bottom of the User box.
Be sure to keep this information handy, as Displayr will not save it for future imports.
Importing data from Qualtrics
Once you have your Qualtrics Base URL and Qualtrics API Token, you are ready to input the data into Displayr. You can add a Data Set to your Displayr document by selecting Home > New Data Set. You will be presented with a screen showing the multiple ways you can add Data Sets into Displayr. For Qualtrics, click the red Q icon.
The next screen prompts you with two fields for entering your Qualtrics Base URL and Qualtrics API Token. Enter the information you've collected into the matching fields and click OK.
Once you link Qualtrics to your Displayr account, you'll need to select a specific survey to import. Click on a single survey to select it.
Please note that there are some special circumstances with Qualtrics data to be aware of.
- Displayr does not currently support importing surveys with more than 1 million responses.
- "Side-by-Side" questions may have missing data for some multiple-response questions within them (Qualtrics is aware of this issue and intends to fix it in future).
- For "Matrix - Profile" questions, value labels may not be imported correctly if the columns of the matrix are labeled differently between different rows.
- For "Single Answer" or "Matrix - Single Answer" questions, a new value may be added called "Not Answered" to represent cases where a respondent has been shown a particular option but decided not to choose any value for it. Cases where a respondent was not shown the option (e.g. due to randomization) are represented with Missing Values.
Alternatively, you can export data from Qualtrics as a file and load that file into Qualtrics. Follow these steps for the most seamless import into Displayr:
To download SPSS data from Qualtrics, use the following options:
- On the Data & Analysis tab, click Export/Import > Export Data and then select Use Legacy Exporter.
- In the next dialogue box, select SPSS, and ensure that Use legacy View Results format is ticked.
- Click More Options at the bottom, and tick Recode seen but unanswered questions as -99. Then click the blue -99 and change it to NaN.
- Click the Download button at the bottom.
From there, instructions for importing data files into Displayr can be found here.
Now that you know how to import your data, check out what else you can do in Displayr!