If you like learning software by getting hands-on, then this is the page for you! The tutorials on this page will help you learn the ins-and-outs of how to build your dashboard or report in Displayr - from creating basic tables, to visualizations, interactive elements, and advanced analysis techniques. The best part is that you can learn with our data sets, so no need to go hunting for a suitable dataset now!
All of the links on this page are interactive Tutorial Documents. All you have to do is click a link, and the whole document, including the data and all the instructions will be copied into your Displayr account to keep forever. If you don't have an account yet, you can still get started to try things out, and create an account later on.
The tutorials all have the same basic workflow. They take you step-by-step through the key aspects of each topic. The steps appear under Pages on the left-hand side of the window. Each step contains some instructions for you to work through, and an image or animation of the key instructions.
The tutorial lives in your account so that you can come back to it later on. If you want to redo any of the tutorials you can just click on the same link again.
The rest of this article contains the full list of tutorials, arranged by topic.
These tutorials cover all the basics that you need to know when you are first starting out with Displayr.
- Adding Data - Discover how to get your data set into Displayr.
- Working with Tables - Learn how to create tables of results using Displayr's statistical engine.
- Charts and Visualizations - Discover different methods for hooking up your raw data and results to great-looking data visualizations.
- Filtering Data - Learn about the ways you can change which part of your sample is being used in a table or visualization, and how to enable the people who view your document to choose what part of the sample they want to view.
- Variable Sets and Data Setup - Discover how to take control of the way your data is setup. Displayr does a lot of setup work for you, but you're always in control.
- Publishing - Learn how to publish your document online, or as a PowerPoint, PDF, or Excel file.
These tutorials go deeper into some of the specialized visualization options that are available in Displayr.
- Pictographs - A great way to add personality to your report!
- Visualizations for Single Numbers - Showcase your key results and make them pop on your page.
- Geographic Maps - Represent the geographic distribution of your key metrics on a map.
- Conditional Images - Create images that change when your data changes.
For learning about some of the more technical statistical techniques that are on offer in Displayr. This is just a small sample - many more tools are also available.
- Analyzing MaxDiff Data - Displayr has a range of purpose-built tools for analyzing the data from MaxDiff experiments.
- Creating an Experimentation Design for MaxDiff - And also a tool for helping you design your experiment before you collect the data.
- Correspondence Analysis - A popular tool in research for summarizing the patterns in large tables of results.
- Regression and Driver Analysis - Regression is a data science staple, and Driver Analysis is a popular extension commonly used in Market Research.
- K-Means Cluster Analysis - A classic technique for identifying groups of cases in a set of numeric data.
- Machine Learning - CART & Random Forest - Learn about two of Displayr's machine learning tools.
- Removing Outliers from Regressions and Driver Analysis - A simple technique to make sure outliers aren't skewing your models.
Customize your document with R
Just about anything is possible when you extend your analysis in Displayr using the R language for statistical programming. Here are a few techniques to get you started:
- Doing Calculations with Tables - Learn how to feed the results from your tables into R so that you can do additional calculations on the numbers.
- Adding Interactive Menus - Add drop-down menus (and more) to your page, and link them to your data so that your viewers can control what they see!
- Create Text that Changes with Your Data - Take the results from your data and turn them into descriptive text which will update when your data changes.
There are lots of other ways to learn more in Displayr. These include our Wiki, our videos, and the rest of this blog. And of course, if you can find something you can always ask the Customer Success team, who love to help. Just email email@example.com